Adam Scott Weintraub focuses his practice on general civil litigation, including but not limited to personal injury, insurance law, tribal sovereignty, and signal piracy. Adam has over 30 years of extensive litigation experience in Federal, State, and Tribal courts representing local, regional, national, and tribal clients. He has also perfected or defended appeals brought before the Oklahoma Supreme Court, the 10th Circuit Court of Appeals, and the Supreme Court of the Muscogee Creek Nation. Adam is known among his peers for his years of insurance defense work and personal injury litigation. He has been named to American’s Top 100 Civil Defense Litigators and holds a Judicial AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell. Adam would best be described as a general trial lawyer, quite capable of handling any litigation regarding a wide range of subject matters. Adam has tried personal injury cases, insurance matters, and also regularly provides advice to his business clients in all areas of law, including contracts, general negligence, and employment issues. Adam also assists individual clients in a wide range of litigation matters including contract disputes, car wrecks, dog bites, and family will and trust issues. He has handled complex Tribal issues involving sovereignty, tax law, and has litigated matters in both Tribal Court and Federal Court. Adam has mediated hundreds of cases, both as a litigator and as a mediator. He attended the Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution and serves as an Adjunct Settlement Judge for the Northern District of Oklahoma.
Adam lives in Tulsa with his family and actively serves his community and attends Temple Israel, his house of faith.
- Prosecuted hundreds of criminal and juvenile matters as an Assistant District Attorney in Tulsa County.
- Successfully tried numerous cases regarding insurance disputes well as cases involving personal injury in recovery of multi-million-dollar judgments.
- Assisted in the merger of national and international corporations.
- Advised tribal nations regarding sovereignty issues, including but not limited to developments in the area of taxation.
- Successfully defended to verdict regional company against unlawful employment claims.
- Represented Oklahoma company against trademark infringement claims.
- Represented numerous Oklahoma business owners and start-ups.
- Represented a prominent international insurance company in litigation with policy holders involving claims of tens of millions of dollars.
- Represented tribal nation regarding the overhaul of their tax code and implementation of new sales tax procedures.
- Panel Member, 2019 National Inter-Tribal Tax Alliance regarding developments in tribal taxation issues.
- Adjunct Settlement Judge – Northern District of Oklahoma
- Insurance law
- Signal piracy
- Employment law
- Bad faith litigation
- Employment litigation
- Premises liability
- Estate planning
- J.D. University of Oklahoma College of Law 1989 (Magister, Phi Delta Phi)
- Bachelor of Arts with Distinction, University of Oklahoma 1986 (Phi Beta Kappa)
- Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution
Honors and Awards
- Judicial AV Preeminent Rating – Martindale-Hubbell since 2004
- Best Lawyers in Tulsa
- American’s Top 100 Civil Defense Litigators
- “Attorney Adam” on Talk Radio 1170 providing pro-bono legal advice to listeners.
- Board Member, Tulsa Pop Kids
- Former Board Member, Temple Israel
- Former Board Member, Heritage Academy
- Former Board Member, Tulsa Jewish Community Center
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Muscogee (Creek) Nation Bar Association